Subscribe to Updates
Get ready to experience the pulse-pounding action, heartfelt stories, and everything else that makes soccer more than just a game
Author: Soccerhuz
Declan Rice and Mikel Merino have paid tribute to Liverpool star Diogo Jota in emotional messages on social media. The Portuguese international died along with his younger brother Andre Silva in a car crash in Zamora, Spain on Thursday morning. Jota got married to his long-term girlfriend Rute Cardoso, with whom he has three children, just under two weeks ago. “Liverpool Football Club are devastated by the tragic passing of Diogo Jota,” Liverpool said in a statement. “The club have been informed the 28-year-old has passed away following a road traffic accident in Spain along with his brother, Andre. “Liverpool…
Crystal Palace are keen on signing an Arsenal player as part of discussions for Eberechi Eze, GIVEMESPORT sources understand. The Eagles are preparing for a first campaign in European football in 2025/26 after success in the FA Cup, as Eze scored the winning goal as they lifted the first major trophy in their history. Now the England international looks set to depart this summer amid strong interest from The Emirates Stadium, and Palace are now keen to know just what they could get out of the deal. Eze, who has been described as a “superstar”, has a £60m release clause…
Whilst Arsenal are predominantly looking to sign a striker and a left winger this summer, sporting director Andrea Berta has sprung a surprise. In addition to the aforementioned positions, Berta is trying to identify an attacking player who is simply able to add a bit of star quality across several positions at Arsenal. In the past, that was a role taken up by the likes of Tomas Rosicky and Samir Nasri at the Emirates, even if the latter isn’t remembered too fondly after his move to Manchester City. But in order to give Mikel Arteta a bit of the maverick-like…
Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Valencia central defender Cristhian Mosquera, according to reports. The Gunners are keen to strengthen their defence this summer after a relatively quiet start to the transfer window compared to Premier League rivals. So far, Arsenal have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga from Chelsea for £5 million and are closing in on midfielders Christian Norgaard and Martin Zubimendi. The club is also said to have agreed a deal for striker Viktor Gyokeres and remain interested in other targets, including Rodrygo and Eberechi Eze. It was confirmed on Wednesday…
A new profile has emerged in AC Milan’s hunt to sign a starting left-back: Luca Netz of Borussia Mönchengladbach. While the management keep wishing to avoid the word, a real revolution has begun at Milan. After Tijjani Reijnders was sold to Manchester City, another big name is ready to despite: Theo Hernandez, heading to Al-Hilal. The French full-back is expected in the next few days in Saudi Arabia, where he will be welcomed by Simone Inzaghi, the club that recently eliminated City from the Club World Cup. Thus, a replacement is needed. The directors are already moving to identify the…
Massimiliano Allegri never set about to directly replace Tijjani Reijnders and rather wished to construct a different type of midfield. In two years Reijnders played 104 games and scored 19 goals, winning this year the award for best midfielder in Lega Serie A. Above all, Reijnders left his mark on the pitch and on the fans who made him a real favourite, and it will be a tall order to replace him. This morning’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (seen below) dedicates an article to Milan’s pursuit of Ardon Jashari, who is the one that Allegri really wants to…
AC Milan are planning to invest heavily in a new striker, and they are also looking for the centre-back of the future too. As confirmed by Igli Tare and as reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport (seen below) this morning, Milan are looking for a penalty box man with different characteristics than Santiago Gimenez. Even if it means spending a significant sum, like the one needed to snatch Mateo Retegui from Atalanta. The Goddess values the top scorer of the last Serie A at about €50m or more. The Rossoneri will try to lower the figure even if they know…
Besiktas have expressed an interest in signing Noah Okafor from AC Milan, but at present there is no agreement over the formula. Okafor returned to Milan after an unsuccessful six-month loan spell with Napoli, at least on a personal note. He struggled to get fit and then did not get many minutes, though he was there for the Scudetto celebrations. It is believed that the Rossoneri management are hoping to find a solution for the Swiss forward given he is not a part of the plans, but rumours have been sparse in recent days. During the YouTube live broadcast this…
Yacine Adli is not in Massimiliano Allegri’s plans for AC Milan, and as a result he will be sent to train with Milan Futuro. La Gazzetta dello Sport confirm that Milan will gather on Monday for the first day of the preseason campaign but have planned a special program for some players: Adli, Devis Vasquez, Theo Hernandez, Ismael Bennacer. Each have their own story but there is a common reason: they are all leaving. Theo and Bennacer will have a few extra days of vacation, while Adli and Vasquez have been called up for the following Monday, July 14, with…
Agent Jorge Mendes has proposed Marco Asensio to AC Milan, a report claims, but some help is needed to make the deal realistic. TMW are reporting that Mendes – who is very close to the Milan management – is looking for a new club for Asensio, who will have to lower his salary. In the last few hours there has also been talk of a discussion with José Mourinho and Fenerbahce, who would be enthusiastic about welcoming him. Having just turned 29, and with his contract expiring in a year, Asensio would like to play more to try to be…