Author: Soccerhuz

Real Madrid star Jude Bellingham is already one of the best players in the world, according to club legend Luis Figo. WHAT HAPPENED? Bellingham is off to a blistering start at Madrid since his €103 million move from Borussia Dortmund, having scored five goals in his first four matches in La Liga. The midfielder’s impressive displays have convinced Portugal hero Figo that he is already an elite star. WHAT THEY SAID: “He has started very strong and has adapted very, very quickly to what Real Madrid entails and is,” Figo said at a charity golf event. Asked if Bellingham is already one…

Read More

Former Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic claims the Blues should have signed Declan Rice instead of Moises Caicedo. The West-Londoners signed the midfielder earlier this summer for a club and British transfer record fee of £115m. The deal saw them fight off the advances of Premier League rivals Liverpool, who had also agreed a deal with Brighton to sign Caicedo. Caicedo also had a nightmare debut as he conceded a penalty in the 3-1 defeat against West Ham despite having only played under half an hour. Now, former Blues stopper Begovic has claimed that Chelsea should have signed Declan Rice instead – the England star moving to Arsenal this summer. Speaking…

Read More

The 24-year-old failed to land a move away from the club in the final week of the summer transfer window. That’s despite interest from Bayern Munich and Nottingham Forest, who both bid for Chalobah. Chelsea were happy to cash in on the defender, not least to raise some much needed funds following their record outlay. But, following his failure to land a move, reports this week claimed Chalobah had been frozen out at the club. Chalobah was said to have been put into ‘exile’ and was no longer training with the first team. But Pochettino has rejected those claims, and says he will be…

Read More

More than any other tournament, the Africa Cup of Nations is something of a moveable feast. Depending on the host nation, it can be played either during Europe’s off-season in the summer, or right in the middle of the campaign in January and February. That has caused something of a headache for a number of clubs over the years, not least Liverpool. In 2022 for example, both Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mané made it all the way to the competition’s final, leaving the Reds without two of their regular front three for an extended period during what turned out to…

Read More

Two of Liverpool’s Premier League games in November have been rescheduled. New fixture details are listed below (all times UK): Luton Town v Liverpool: Sunday November 5 (4.30pm kick-off), live on Sky Sports. Liverpool v Brentford: Sunday November 12 (2pm kick-off). Please note, any rescheduling update to Manchester City v Liverpool on the weekend of November 25 and 26 will be announced in due course.

Read More

Liverpool are looking to carry on their good form following the international break when they take on Wolves this weekend. The Reds will hope to build on their 3-0 win against Aston Villa, which followed a fine 2-1 away win at Newcastle the week before. Of course, key in those games has been Darwin Nunez and former Red Peter Crouch feels the Uruguayan now looks like a player who’s had time to bed in at the club. Speaking on the latest episode of his own Podcast, Crouch was trying to predict the outcome of the game between Liverpool and Wolves…

Read More

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will be speaking to the media for the first time this afternoon as he builds up to their Premier League encounter with Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Reds trip to Molineux marks the restart of the English top-flight schedule after being on hold for the international break. Liverpool players have amassed many air-miles in the last two weeks but they have regrouped and honed in to face Gary O’Neil’s side. While the football returns, the topic of transfers continue to dominate. Reports in Italy suggest that Liverpool are still eyeing a move for Inter Milan midfielder Nicolo Barella.…

Read More

Liverpool largely improved things in the center of the park and adequately replaced the likes of Milner, Ox, Keita and Henderson. However, the Reds were unable to properly replace Fabinho to reinforce the No.6 position in the summer transfer window. Japanese international, Wataru Endo, was lured to strengthen the DM position but the veteran Asian is mainly a short-term fix, who is not even as versatile as Fabinho. Therefore, the Merseysiders should look to sign a top play breaker cum deep lying playmaker in the winter transfer window and once again, the name of Manu Kone is in the focus.…

Read More

Liverpool may have successfully evaded Al-Ittihad’s efforts to lure Mohamed Salah away from Anfield this summer, but it seems inevitable that Saudi Arabia will come calling again. The 31-year-old is under contract at Anfield until 2025, having signed an extension that made him the best-paid player in the Reds’ history last summer. And while club bosses were adamant he would not be leaving before the latest transfer window closed, it will certainly be interesting to see if their resolve is as strong in 12 months’ time as the Egyptian heads into the final year of his deal. Salah’s future might…

Read More

The Merseysiders spent the summer focusing on the rebuilding their midfield, with four new players arriving on Merseyside to the combined total of £145.2m. However, it seems their plans to bring in more reinforcements into their engine room is not yet complete, with six players having left Anfield in that department since last season. And while the departures to James Milner, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and loan flop Arthur Melo were long in the planning, the sudden exits of both Jordan Henderson and Fabinho both came out of the blue. Indeed, Jurgen Klopp and Co will not have gone into…

Read More