Subscribe to Updates
Get ready to experience the pulse-pounding action, heartfelt stories, and everything else that makes soccer more than just a game
Author: Soccerhuz
Hello and welcome to our LIVE Liverpool transfer blog for Wednesday, August 23. Reports in Germany claim Liverpool transfer target Ryan Gravenberch has been impressing his Bayern Munich team-mates in training despite starting the season on the bench for the Bundesliga champions. Elsewhere, Reds youngster Mateusz Musialowski is being linked with a move to Austria, having failed to kick on with the under-21s in recent seasons and therefore seeing his involvement with the first team limited. Positively, though, ahead of this weekend’s game at Newcastle United, both Trent Alexander-Arnold and Luis Diaz were pictured in training on Tuesday. Leroy Sane…
Liverpool staff rate Chelsea’s Moises Caicedo as a much more complete player than Romeo Lavia. That is according to a report from The Athletic. They claim that Liverpool feel like Moises Caicedo is more rounded and experienced than Romeo Lavia. Jurgen Klopp’s Reds side were strongly linked with the two midfielders during this summer transfer window, but both ended up snubbing Anfield to join Chelsea. First of all, we’re delighted that Chelsea beat Liverpool to sign both Caicedo and Lavia this summer. We’re expecting big things from the young midfield pair. Caicedo, who’s just 21, has still played less than 50…
Liverpool have recently signed Wataru Endo to strengthen their defensive midfield position but is the Asian star good enough to replace a world class No.6 in the form of Fabinho? Jurgen Klopp should look to further reinforce the midfield and the name of Joao Palhinha has been on the radar for some time. Alan Hutton, has backed the Portuguese international to use “power” to force leave Fulham and secure a move to Liverpool. The former Tottenham Hotspur defender told Football Insider: “They’ve (Liverpool) put out there that they’ve got money to spend after missing out on Moises Caicedo. It could…
Manchester City have reportedly joined Liverpool in the race to sign “one of the fastest midfielders” around. Ahead of the summer transfer window, Alex Crook told GiveMeSport that the Reds were eyeing Wolves ace Matheus Nunes Since then, Liverpool have made three midfield signings, but have lost others to either sales or free agency. Meanwhile, Manchester City are also looking for more reinforcements in the middle of the park ahead of September. The Citizens were eyeing Lucas Paqueta, but that was derailed by a FA investigation over potential betting breaches. Now, The Athletic’s David Ornstein has reported that Man City…
The Reds, of course, bid £111m for Moises Caicedo a fortnight ago, and while that deal didn’t happen, that offer just goes to show that the Merseyside club do have money to spend. Since then, a £15m deal for Endo has been concluded, and it doesn’t take a mathmatician to tell you that there should be plenty of cash left over after that deal. So, a new midfielder is still going to come in, or are they? According to Dean Jones, speaking on the Ranks FC Podcast, the message coming out of Liverpool is that their midfield recruitment is now over for…
Doku is set to become the third signing of the summer at the Etihad, following Josko Gvardiol and Mateo Kovacic, with an agreement struck with Rennes. According to Sky Sports, the Manchester side will pay around £55.5 million for the 21-year-old, who has emerged as one of the most exciting attacking talents in Europe. While it cannot be considered a blow for Liverpool, given the wealth of talent they boast in the final third, it does not come without their own attempts to sign Doku. In fact, the youngster has twice turned down a move to Anfield in the past, with…
Liverpool chief executive Billy Hogan has spoken out about the ‘incredibly disappointing’ delays to the full opening of the Anfield Road end. Work to complete the top tier of the stand ceased last week when it was announced that contractor Buckingham Group had filed a notice to appoint administrators. As a result, the Reds’ opening home game against Bournemouth was played with that section of the stadium entirely closed, resulting in an attendance under 50,000. Providing an update on the situation, Hogan said: “Effectively major work stopped on the site on Thursday morning after the announcement so clearly that impacts all of…
Wednesday’s main stories included some fresh Andre updates, the Anfield Road latest and the potential departures of multiple youngsters. Midfield target Andre has insisted he is “100 per cent focused” at Fluminense despite reports linking him with a move to Anfield. Reports on Wednesday suggested that Liverpool’s wish is to bring the Brazilian to the club this summer, but Fluminense maintain that he isn’t for sale at present. Andre’s immediate future could rest on his side’s progress in the Copa Libertadores, with the quarter-final second leg falling in the early hours of transfer deadline day morning in England. Defeat to Olimpia…
The Premier League has undergone significant changes in an effort to improve discipline and fair play this season. The new changes aim to address issues such as time-wasting, ball-in-play time and the ill-treatment of match officials. As a result, Liverpool and other teams could be facing increased numbers of suspensions during the season. One of the major focuses of these rule changes is to tackle verbal abuse directed at referees and other officials. In the past, fines totaling over $1.2m (£1m) were handed out to Premier League clubs for surrounding officials and mass confrontations. To further combat this behavior, players…
Former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has questioned Romeo Lavia and Moises Caicedo’s decisions to snub Liverpool. The Reds had pursued both stars as Jurgen Klopp looked to further enhance his options in the middle. Lavia became subject to three bids from Liverpool, after they moved to make an addition following the departures of Jordan Henderson and Fabinho. Their attention swiftly turned to Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Caicedo with a bid subsequently accepted by the Seagulls from Liverpool. After a three-day-long saga, Chelsea fronted the funds required by Roberto De Zerbi’s side and the Londoners brought the Ecuadorian…