Author: Soccerhuz

Kone-Doherty was brought to Anfield from Irish Club Derry City last summer. Since then, the 17-year-old caught the eye a number of times in the underage sides last season. That has continued into the early part of this year. In a game apiece with the U18s and U21s, Kone-Doherty has two goals and an assist. Good going. Just like fellow prospect Ben Doak, the Irishman looks to have the makings of a potential future first-teamer. Jurgen Klopp seems to hold that view too, with journalist Keifer MacDonald confirming via Twitter yesterday that Kone-Doherty was involved in Tuesday’s training session. “Tyler Morton was involved in first-team training…

Read More

90min understands that City have agreed a fee of €65m (£55m) including add-ons with Doku’s current club Rennes for the talented winger’s services, and personal terms on a five-year deal have also been agreed. Official confirmation of the move is now seemingly imminent, pending a successful medical, and ahead of the transfer some quotes have come to light regarding how close Doku has previously come to joining a Premier League club. At just 15 years of age, prior to signing his first professional contract at Anderlecht, the Belgian attracted a huge amount of interest from Liverpool, who sent a Jurgen…

Read More

The Reds have reportedly been working on a deal to bring Andre to Anfield throughout August. However, with Fluminense unwilling to sell him mid-season, it looks likely that Liverpool will have to wait for the New Year. According to ESPN Brasil though, Jurgen Klopp is not willing to wait. They claim that Liverpool will not come back in for Andre if they can’t get him tied up this summer. That reportedly comes on the back of the Reds having a £26m offer for the 22-year-old rejected. Fluminense are said to ‘adamant’ that Andre won’t be sold now, and are…

Read More

On Tuesday, it was reported that Liverpool had seen an offer worth around £25 million for Brazilian midfielder Andre rejected. The package, which would have comfortably broken Fluminense’s transfer record, was dismissed before it even came to the stage of a formal bid from Anfield. It had been suggested, then, that the Reds would need to wait until January before reviving their interest in the 22-year-old. That would come at the end of the season in Brazil, with Fluminense eager to retain Andre as they push to win the Copa Libertadores. However, ESPN Brasil report that Liverpool “will not return”…

Read More

According to a report from ESP, the Premier League side have had a €30 million bid turned down for the midfielder. Liverpool are hoping to sign the player before the summer transfer window closes. However, Fluminense want to hold on to him until the end of their season. The Reds have recently sanctioned the departures of Fabinho and Jordan Henderson and they need to bring in a quality defensive midfielder before the summer transfer window closes. Liverpool have already signed the likes of Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai this summer. They need to bring in someone who can shield the…

Read More

Liverpool remain heavily linked with Andre Trindade and the Brazilian international has secured personal terms of a contract to sign for the Merseysiders Yesterday, we covered a report (via Globo) claiming the Reds are prepared to offer 30 million euros to lure the player but Fluminense have turned down the record sale and want him to take part in the Copa Libertadores. As per Emmanuel Luiz, Andre is pressing to join Liverpool and has already agreed personal terms with them. The South American journalist told “The player said to Fluminense, the situation today – I called some guys close to…

Read More

There’s some good news for Liverpool fans – Alexis Mac Allister will not have to serve any suspension for his red card against Bournemouth now. The Argentine was sent off at the weekend after being adjudged to have committed a dangerous tackle. However, everyone who saw it, apart from the referee and VAR, were convinced it was not a red card. Now, the FA have agreed with that assessment. Liverpool fans’ hearts were in their mouths after the referee pulled out his red card to send Alexis Mac Allister off against Bournemouth. Slow-motion footage makes the Argentine’s challenge look a lot worse than…

Read More

The clock is ticking down. In just nine days, Liverpool will not be able to make any more signings until January and Jürgen Klopp’s squad will be set until at least the mid-point in the season. While four points from opening fixtures against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and then Bournemouth at Anfield is a respectable start, the matches are yet to come thick and fast. As the Europa League kicks in and December gets closer, the calendar will get more congested and the demands on the team will increase. Liverpool is fine for depth at center-back with one game per…

Read More

Liverpool will be hoping to end what has turned into a tortuous transfer window on a high in the next few days as the club continue their search for a fourth midfield signing. Moises Caicedo and Romeo Lavia slipped through their fingers and Ryan Gravenberch now appears to be the top priority. Express Sport takes a look at what Liverpool’s worst-case scenario would be to end the summer window. Man Utd win £20m race Gravenberch appears to be Liverpool’s main target for the final few days of the window and the player is said to be open for a move.…

Read More

The early hours of Friday could see plenty of Liverpool fans glued to events nearly 6,000 miles away from Anfield. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, may well be the area of interest for Reds supporters when Fluminense take on Paraguayan side Olimpia in the second leg of their Copa Libertadores quarter-final with the aggregate scored level at 0-0. Victory for Fluminense will surely end hopes of Liverpool honing in on a late August deal for midfielder Andre, while an exit for the Brazilians could yet reopen the path for negotiations between the two clubs as Jurgen Klopp looks to end an-times…

Read More