Close Menu
SoccerHuz
  • Premier League
  • La Liga
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Nigeria
  • Transfer News

Subscribe to Updates

Get ready to experience the pulse-pounding action, heartfelt stories, and everything else that makes soccer more than just a game

What's Hot

Report: Arsenal and Man City’s quadruple pursuit reaches uncharted territory after FA Cup fourth-round

February 16, 2026

CM: Michael Olise makes an honest admission about Arsenal’s Eberechi Eze

February 16, 2026

Transfer: Sandro Tonali breaks silence on Arsenal transfer links with ‘perfect’ message

February 16, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Vimeo
SoccerHuz
Subscribe Login
  • Premier League
  • La Liga
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Nigeria
  • Transfer News
SoccerHuz
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Home » Revealed: Truth behind Benjamin Sesko’s transfer to Man Utd and why Arsenal move collapsed…see more
Arsenal

Revealed: Truth behind Benjamin Sesko’s transfer to Man Utd and why Arsenal move collapsed…see more

SoccerhuzBy SoccerhuzAugust 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The lengths Manchester United went to sign Benjamin Sesko have been revealed by the star’s agent. Elvis Basanovic claims the Red Devils followed his every step to engage in talks across six different cities as they beat Newcastle United to his signature.

United signed Sesko in a deal worth up to £74million from RB Leipzig to add to Ruben Amorim’s squad in a summer that has seen Bryan Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha also arrive at Old Trafford. Club chiefs were able to persuade Sesko that United was the correct club to join, despite Premier League rivals having a bid accepted first and being able to offer Champions League football.

Arsenal were an early contender for Sesko’s signature too, with the Slovenia international among their priorities. Such was the fee required, the Gunners decided to move on to land Viktor Gyokeres from Sporting CP instead.

But it was United’s persistent efforts that ultimately proved successful in getting a move over the line. And a longstanding relationship between the parties paid off.

“We were in contact with Man United’s negotiations director, Matt Hargreaves, who was a ruthless negotiator,” Basanovic told the 24UR programme on Slovenian station POP! TV.

“In the last 10-15 days, they followed my every step, and the talks took place in three different countries and six different cities.”

Sesko had been of interest to United for as long as seven years and the forward’s agent had kept the club well aware of his plans. While Sesko opted against moving to Manchester as a teenager, a transfer to the Premier League was always on the agenda.

Basanovic added: ‘We visited their academy when he was just 15. Even then, we were planning this move for the future. At the time, we didn’t want him to go [when he was] so young.

“In recent years, we stayed in contact but we told them our plan – two years in the Bundesliga, to prepare for the future in the Premier League. We’re delighted the plan worked.”

Basanovic also gave his interpretation of why a move to Arsenal did not happen. “It’s hard to say exactly,” he said.

“Whenever a deal doesn’t go through, there are always several factors. In the end, everything has to align for it to happen.

“What’s important here is that Benjamin’s wish, for years now, has always been United. And for United, he was even willing to take a pay cut to make the move happen. As his agent, I wanted to make that wish come true.”

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
Previous ArticleFbs: Andrea Berta gets Arsenal green light to kick-start transfer masterplan after £43m breakthrough…see more
Next Article Report: Rodrygo has picked Arsenal’s rival as his preferred EPL destination…see more
Soccerhuz
  • Website

Related Posts

Report: Arsenal and Man City’s quadruple pursuit reaches uncharted territory after FA Cup fourth-round

February 16, 2026

CM: Michael Olise makes an honest admission about Arsenal’s Eberechi Eze

February 16, 2026

Transfer: Sandro Tonali breaks silence on Arsenal transfer links with ‘perfect’ message

February 16, 2026

Report: Arsenal warned which ONE team can stop their quadruple dream

February 16, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Trending Now
Don't Miss
Arsenal

Report: Arsenal and Man City’s quadruple pursuit reaches uncharted territory after FA Cup fourth-round

By SoccerhuzFebruary 16, 20260

Arsenal had a much-needed break from Premier League action when hosting Wigan Athletic in the…

CM: Michael Olise makes an honest admission about Arsenal’s Eberechi Eze

February 16, 2026

Transfer: Sandro Tonali breaks silence on Arsenal transfer links with ‘perfect’ message

February 16, 2026

Report: Arsenal warned which ONE team can stop their quadruple dream

February 16, 2026
About Us
About Us

SoccerHuz.com is here to fuel your passion for soccer. Dive into a world of thrilling match analyses, expert insights, player spotlights, team updates, and the latest happenings in the soccer universe. .

Email Us: celestineatser@gmail.com
Contact: +2349077511415

Trending Posts
New Comments
  • Soccerhuz on Breaking News: Patty Gasso head coach of Florida Panthers just signed his resignation papers after it was confirmed that…..
  • binance konts on Breaking News: Patty Gasso head coach of Florida Panthers just signed his resignation papers after it was confirmed that…..
  • Mimidoo on Before the La Liga season begins, Real Madrid wants to complete the signing of Kylian Mbappé, according to reports

Subscribe to Updates

Get ready to experience the pulse-pounding action, heartfelt stories, and everything else that makes soccer more than just a game

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram WhatsApp Telegram
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
© 2026 SoccerHuz.com. Managed by Mr. Celestine.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?